Next Stop, Homeownership! provides an interactive approach to the home buying process. From improving your credit to choosing which professionals to work with and beyond, buyers receive actionable insights that will help ease the stress from a seemingly complicated and overwhelming process. Designed as a companion to your partnership with a real estate agent and lender, this comprehensive guide has everything you need to buy your first home with confidence. The information included in this guide can be applied to all locations throughout the US.
Inside you'll find:
- 14 steps in the home buying process along with a checklist of actionable tasks so you walk into each stage knowing exactly what to expect.
- 8 tips with extensive explanations on how to effectively improve your credit in preparation to submit a loan application for lender approval. No more guessing when it comes to lender requirements. You’ll know exactly what the lender is looking for and how to make your credit file the best file.
- A thorough look at the pros and cons of the 5 most widely used home loan programs available to buyers. Some financing programs carry loan terms that aren’t always verbally revealed but may get lost in the fine print. I point out these key terms so that you can more accurately and confidently select the option that best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Information and tips on how to keep more of your own money in your pocket. There are several ways new homeowners can get help with the costs of purchasing a home, this guide reveals those resources to you.
- 5 tips on how to get your offer accepted. In a seller’s market, buying a home can be a frustrating battle when competing against many other buyers. This homebuyer guide provides proven strategies for how to make your offer stand out.
- Full list with definitions and explanations of the most commonly used real estate terms
- Various worksheets and questionnaires that help you efficiently establish a realistic mortgage payment budget, identify the most important needs for your home, logically select a home to place an offer on, track your rounds of negotiations and much more!